Friday, October 29, 2010

Sticking with good habits

Guest post written by Caroline Waters

I don't know why, but it seems like good habits are always the hardest ones to keep. But it's those really bad for you habits, like eating ice cream out of hte carton every night after dinner, that are so easy to keep that it's like clockwork.

I started running a couple of months ago during the summer but now that it's getting colder outside, it's harder for me to get myself out of bed in the morning and make myself run before I take a shower and head off to work. I was on Facebook with my DIRECTV internet bundle the other night complaining to one of my best friends about how hard this habit is to keep when she told me that she likes running in the morning even mroe during the winter because after it she doesn't even need a cup of coffee.

She's a caffeine addict so I had trouble believing that until I actually went running on my first cold morning. It really did wake me up like nothing else and I think that I may like it better too. I just hope that that will help me stick to my runner routine even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment