Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Basketball Season!

If you've been reading this blog, you might have the impression that I watch nothing but the Food Network and other cooking and home shows, but that's actually not the case.  One of the other things that I love to watch is sports.  So I'm excited that basketball season is starting, especially since baseball season is coming to an end.


Oct 19, 2010; Los Angeles, CA, USA; A basketball on the court during the NBA game between the Sacramento Kings and the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center. Photo via NewscomI've been a basketball fan since I was a kid, and the Knicks are my team, so it's been a challenging few years.  It got to the point where I actually started to feel bad for those scalpers who hang around outside Madison Square Garden offering up New York Knicks tickets.  For the past few years I've felt like my money was better spent on concerts tickets or some other sport, but this season I'm feeling like maybe it's time to get out there and support my team again.

Maybe it's the whole LeBron James thing.  I'm sure that Miami Heat tickets are selling fast thanks to LeBron and company, but something about that whole thing just feels off to me.  Of course as a Knicks fan I'm already biased against the Heat, but I feel like in the end it's going to end up being a good thing that LeBron didn't end up on the Knicks.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  And I wonder how sales of Denver Nuggets tickets are doing with all of the Carmelo Anthony trade rumors swirling around.  If the Knicks do end up getting him it could definitely be an interesting year.

And while I'm at it with the whole rooting for the underdogs thing, maybe I'll even pop for some New Jersey Nets tickets.  Even though I've been a Knicks fan for years I've always had a soft spot for the Nets, and they could definitely use a little support after the, um, disappointing year they had last year. And if things don't work out...well, there's always football.

No comments:

Post a Comment