Sunday, November 21, 2010

The New Southwest Airlines Ads Confuse Me

Okay, I admit it. I don't get these new commercials for Southwest Airlines that I've been seeing lately.



I mean, obviously I understand what they're saying - you can only find Southwest fares on Southwest.com, not on any of the big travel sites like Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.  What I don't get is why this is supposed to be a good thing.  When I'm making travel plans I like to be able to go to sites like Orbitz and get fares (or hotel room rates or whatever it is) from a bunch of different airlines at once so that I can compare.  I might then go to a specific airline's website from there, but I think it's convenient to be able to go to one site and see a lot of options.  So the fact that Southwest fares aren't on those sites is better for me...how?

"You want to fly all over, you don't want to browse all over."  Well, yeah.  And if I have to go to Orbitz/Travelocity/Expedia/whatever to look at some airlines, and then go to Southwest.com to see how their fares compare, that is browsing all over.  If anything, it makes me less likely to fly Southwest, not more likely.

Is there something I'm missing with this?  Help me out here, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment